EV Battery Pack And Powertrain Lifting System
With electric vehicles expected to undergo an explosion in popularity over the next decade, car manufacturers and vehicle repair centers are looking for ways to make battery pack replacement safer and more efficient. The BendPak SL24EVT is a push-around full-rise scissor lift table that is perfectly suited for EV battery pack replacement. With its compact design, this space-saving scissor lift can be easily transported anywhere in the workplace, making it ideal for multi-bay facilities or workplaces with confined areas.
The SL24EVT doubles as a powertrain lift, safely handling engines and transmissions, gas tanks, transaxle assemblies and more. Recessed mounting anchors in the lift platform accommodate a variety of specialty lifting brackets for stable support of drive train components.
Engineered to deliver high-reaching performance at a low cost of ownership, the SL24EVT is sure to maximize users' productivity. The SL24EVT ¬ elevates to nearly six feet in less than 20 seconds and safely supports an industry-leading 2400 lbs. more securely than anything in its class. The oversized 40” x 60” platform features a cushioned-rubber rubber surface that is ideal for safe, stable and delicate handling of battery packs through replacement, recycling and material handling procedures.
The SL24EVT is powered by a single maintenance-free 12-volt deep-cycle battery that features proprietary, high-density grid technology, precisely engineered to deliver outstanding battery performance. An advanced fully automatic three-stage battery charger features connect and forget operation that helps protect the battery from being overcharged. An integrated thermal sensor detects ambient temperature and adjusts the 15 Amp output to prevent overcharging in hotter areas and undercharging in colder climates.
The proprietary design of the SL24EVT features a pallet-jack type steering wheel designed and engineered to provide low rolling resistance and deliver unparalleled maneuverability. The effort required to turn the casters and move the platform in the opposite direction when loaded is a fraction of that required with plain swivel casters. The steer wheels rotate through a 200 degree range for easy maneuvering in tight spaces.
A standard hand pendant controller made of high-impact ABS plastic features an 8 foot lead allowing operator controls and an Emergency Stop that shuts off power to the lift instantly with a simple push of a button. Included is a convenient storage bracket that safely stows the hand pendant when not in use.
Features & Specs
- Portable design is ideal for transporting from one work area to another.
- Non-marking oversized urethane casters help protect floor finishes and provide smooth mobility over uneven our rough surfaces.
- Pallet-jack type steering wheel designed and engineered to provide low rolling resistance and deliver unparalleled maneuverability.
- Recessed mounting anchors in the lift platform surface accommodate a variety of specialty lifting brackets for safe handling of engines and transmissions, gas tanks, transaxle assemblies and more.
- Full length utility trays provide ample storage for tools and fasteners during all stages of service and battery-pack removal.
- Precision steel scissor rollers are captured within the structural steel channels to provide excellent load stability during all stages of travel.
- High-performance sleeve bushings and thrust plate bearings at every pivot point provide low-maintenance and greater performance when lifting heavy, uneven loads.
- All pivot joints feature polished 70,000 psi ultimate-strength pins for premium load strength and long life.
- Structural cross-members at every scissor joint minimize leg deflection due to twisting or spreading under high stress or uneven loading.
- Durable ¼” thick steel platform minimizes deck deflection, maximizes load stability, and greatly extends the life of the lifting platform.
- Low pressure hydraulic circuit extends the life of all hydraulic components and puts less stress on the electric motor and power unit.
- Twin hydraulic cylinders feature welded construction, chrome plated rods and high polished bore for extended seal life.
- Integrated hydraulic velocity fuses completely stop the lift in the unlikely event of uncontrolled descent due to sudden hose rupture.
- Powered by a single maintenance-free 12-volt deep-cycle battery.
- Automatic three-stage 15 Amp battery charger helps protect the battery from being overcharged.
- Battery status Indicator accurately displays the charge condition.
- Compliant with recognized standards such as: ANSI MH29.1 – Safety Requirements for Industrial Scissor Lifts; NFPA 70 – National Electric Code; ASTM – A36 – Structural Steel Standard; ANSI Z535 – Safety Labeling Requirements; AWS D.1 – Welding Standards, and Applicable portions of OSHA 29CFR1910 – General Workplace Safety
- Free Shipping